FOR EMERGENCY SERVICE CALL (810) 494-0900
Mold is one of the biggest worries of a homeowner by virtue of the fact that it can spread quickly. Mold remediation is not a task an untrained professional should attempt. It takes many hours to learn and develop the appropriate procedures to remediate mold without causing further contamination in the home
Zion Restoration has over ten years of experience in mold remediation and is certified through an independent agency, IICRC. Zion restoration uses IICRC Standards, Center for Disease Control and Environmental Protection Agency standards when providing mold remediation services.
Think you have mold?
Deep breaths! You can handle this. Here is what you should do:
- Get an air quality and sample test in your home by a licensed Industrial Hygienist who can write a prescription for a certified mold remediator or contractor to perform a mold remediation.
- Close off the area of the home to keep the contamination from spreading to the other areas of home.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does mold grow?
Household mold needs 3 things to grow:
- A food source (such as wood, paper or drywall)
- A water source (such as a dripping faucet, leaky basement or moisturized attic)
- The right temperature (72 degrees Fahrenheit or more)
Is it stachybotrys chartarum (killer/black) mold?
Stachybotrys chartarum mold is often referred to as black or killer mold. The type of mold you have in your home can only be determined by a mold sampling test performed by an Industrial Hygienist.
How do I prevent mold?
The CDC offers a tips and more information.
Or, more information can be found here.